The @ha idea is the starting point for every entrepreneur. You may not know it yet, but the fact that the @ha idea has popped into your head means you are on your way.
What is an @ha idea?
An @ha idea is that eureka moment when you realize that you have stumbled upon an original and valuable idea. An idea that nurtured and developed in the right way could fulfill many of your dreams and life objectives. It would be useful at this point to ensure that you have mapped your life objectives. That way you will be more in tune with how your @ha idea will deliver on your personal goals and ambitions.
What should you do with an @ha idea?
The first thing that you should do is to write the idea down. Try and describe it in one crisp and specific sentence. E.g. 'I would like to develop the worlds first talking egg - one that will tell me when it is boiled.'
Following that you need to sleep on the idea. If it still feels right the next day then start thinking hard and practically about the first steps to realizing your idea:
- How long will it take to realize?
- What will my family and friends think of my idea? (Do not discount them, they may be your early supporters and investors)
- How much would a prototype cost to build?
- What is the likely competitive landscape?
- Why will the early customers buy into this?
- If your business is successful who might buy it and why?
- Do you really have the patience and stamina to nurture your idea to reality - because it could take 5-10 years and expect to be broke through your first 3 years at least.